I'm excited to announce that the Bachelor of Business Administration in Business Economics at Pittsburg State University now qualifies for the STEM OPT extension. This will allow international students in this program to be authorized for up to three (3) years of OPT work permission on the F1 visa!
A major in Economics is designed for students who wish careers in bank management, business forecasting, labor relations, operations analysis, or who wish to pursue managerial positions in governmental and corporate organizations. The study of Economics requires a blend of analytical, evaluative and descriptive skills and can be very rewarding.
Our student-focused, internationally diverse and accomplished faculty offers hands-on learning where we emphasize one of our PSU core values of “by doing, learn” throughout our program. Students majoring in Economics apply their knowledge by conducting research as part of their upper-level coursework and compete in PSU’s Undergraduate Research Colloquium. By developing a question to explore; designing a research plan to gather data, analyze that data, and reach conclusions; developing a written report to communicate the results, and presenting the results to faculty, our students move beyond the lecture environment to being able to extend their education to real-world situations. We also have a low student-to-faculty ratio allowing students to get extensive interaction with the faculty and become more than just a face in a classroom.
Business Economics - Learn more here:
Double Major: Keep in mind, with Pitt State's flat-rate tuition, it is very affordable to pursue two majors at the same time with little added expense. This might be a good option for students in other non-STEM programs to add this Business Economics degree as a second major to take advantage of the OPT STEM extension as long as the employment is in the related field.
We are accepting applications for the Spring 2021 and Fall 2021 intakes. International scholarships are available.
To apply for admission:
1. Complete the online application: https://admission.pittstate.edu/apply.html
2. Pay the $60 application fee
- School Transcripts (and English translation)
- 68 TOEFL (15 section scores) or 6.0 IELTS (5.0 section scores) or 47 PTE Score (not required for IEP conditional admission)
- Bank Statement
- Financial Support Form: https://www.pittstate.edu/international/_files/documents/admissions/financial_stmt.pdf
- Mailing Address Form: https://www.pittstate.edu/international/_files/documents/mailing-address-form.pdf
- Copy of Passport
4. Scholarship Application: https://admission.pittstate.edu/landing/international-scholarship.html
This is a great opportunity for international students interested in business to have this STEM OPT option and to be able to work in the US for up to three years on the F1 student visa.